Forum Registration
You can register using an existing social network account (e.g. Facebook) by clicking on the above buttons. We respect your privacy and do not share your information with third parties, nor post anything on your social network account. You can change your username after the registration is complete (Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit Account Settings). To reset this link, simply clear your browser cookies. Alternatively, you can always register using any email account.

Fact is, video games are here to stay

Please post any Capital Match topics that you want to discuss with the local p2p community.
guojia

Fact is, video games are here to stay

Postby guojia » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Violent Video Games And Children

Today I came across a topic in the news that really resounded with me. children under the age of 18. Again, they decided NOT to ban this practice.

The California judicial system has basically said that the combination of violent video games and children is not something that they should be worrying with. The effects of violent video games on children can certainly be observed in our society. There is significantly more violence in our schools today as opposed to several decades ago for example. The hangup, as the court found, was that the effects of instituting a law like this could NOT be connected to fixing the problem.

The solution, as the courts decision will hopefully provide a basis for, is cheap ray-ban sunglasses that parents need to take more responsibility in the moral education of their children. Violent video games and children, according to the California Supreme Court, is the domain of parents. I could not agree more with this sentiment! As was said before, we certainly can see the effects of violent video games on children, but I would argue that the wholesale jordan shoes more important point to observe here is the effect of parenting, or lack thereof in today's society.

I happen to work in a grocery store and every day, I see parents coming in with their children, some of whom are playing handheld video games while they are attempting to walk around the store! I can't even imagine having done that when I was a child.

The effects of violent video games on children is even more obvious in my position because I can personally observe it. Just the other day I watched two siblings actually get into a fist fight because one bumped into the other and caused him to "die". The most disturbing aspect of the whole thing, was that the parents were not even bothered enough by this to say anything to their kids. Violent video games and children are obviously not a good mix, but the real problem seems to me to lie with the parenting.

Personally, I saw this in the news and I was ecstatic to see that somewhere, there is a government body that is attempting to put responsibility where responsibility belongs. With the parents of our future! Violent video games and children is not something that should need addressing at a governmental level. The effects of violent video games on children are not only apparent, but easily fixed if we just pay more attention to what our kids are getting into in the first place.

What do you think? Should violent video games and children mix? If not, whose responsibility is it to reign in the problems caused by the effects of violent video games on children?I have to respond to this article.

The whole "violent video games" thing is, in a nutshell, a myth. Same way movies were once thought to influence violence and television was. Every new media platform seems to go through this phase of cultural condemnation.

Fact is, video games are here to stay, and they, like all other forms of media and art, will depict what society mandates it to depict.

What sells in today's society? Sex, drugs, and violence.

It's the same with movies, it's the same with television, it's the same with books, wholesale mlb jerseys music every form of media; none are exempt.

20 years from now those gamers will be in Congress and they won't think twice about stopping a "Kanye Shoots Muslims" video game from hitting the shelves. The people in Congress now wouldn't care if a reality TV show like that came out, and the people before them didn't mind adult movies being shown in theaters.

This is a long post. I should make a full article. There's research on this that is being sorely depressed.

I have to respond to this article.

The whole "violent video games" thing is, in a nutshell, a myth. Same way movies were once thought to influence violence and television was. Every new media platform seems to go through this phase of cultural condemnation.

Fact is, video games are here to stay, and they, like all other forms of media and art, will depict what society mandates it to depict.

What sells in today's society? Sex, drugs, and violence.

It's the same with movies, it's the same with television, it's the same with books, music every form of media; none are exempt.

20 years from now those gamers will be in Congress and they won't think twice about stopping a "Kanye Shoots Muslims" video game from hitting the shelves. The people in Congress now wouldn't care if a reality TV show like that came out, and the people before them didn't mind adult movies being shown in theaters.

This is a long post. I should make a full article. There's research on this that is being sorely depressed.

I am in 100% agreement with you Leroy. Parents have been taking less and less responsibility in society and placing blame on media, which is ridiculous! As a parent you can control what your child listens to, what they watch on television, what games they play, what websites they visit and what they read. Taking it a step further you can also control what people's houses your children are allowed to visit! Whether anyone agrees with what you decide to submit your child to you can completely control what they see and hear as far as media is concerned.

I am in 100% agreement with you Leroy. Parents have been taking less and less responsibility in society and placing blame on media, which is ridiculous! As a parent you can control what your child listens wholesale nhl jerseys to, what they watch on television, what games they play, what websites they visit and what they read. Taking it a step further you can also control what people's houses your children are allowed to visit! Whether anyone agrees with what you decide to submit your child to you can completely control what they see and hear as far as media is concerned.

Return to “Capital Match”