Forum Registration
You can register using an existing social network account (e.g. Facebook) by clicking on the above buttons. We respect your privacy and do not share your information with third parties, nor post anything on your social network account. You can change your username after the registration is complete (Control Panel -> Profile -> Edit Account Settings). To reset this link, simply clear your browser cookies. Alternatively, you can always register using any email account.

capital springboard

Here is the place to discuss invoice crowdfunding.
jin

capital springboard

Postby jin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:05 pm

I was checking out invoice financing and found that Capital Springboard claims to be the biggest in Singapore.

http://www.capitalspringboard.com/

Anyone here has been investing on the platform?
Any info to share?

sunnytimes

Re: capital springboard

Postby sunnytimes » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:47 pm

I did check it out, it's a bit like Validus and some other sites that require you to be an "Accredited investor". I think there is an initial requirement of 50k and 5k per investment iirc.

I think I do qualify but do I need to show them my financial assets? I'm not comfortable with that... And to invest 50k without any confidence or trial on their platform?

I like Capital match, quick response from the company, quick deposit top up. And I started with a small sum and increased it slowly as I gained more familiarity with the concept and the information provided.

I think if you have a lot of moolah and don't mind larger losses, go for it.

highreturnhighrisk

Postby highreturnhighrisk » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:42 pm

Yeah I agree. Capital Match is more suited to retail investors and new to P2P. I did meet an investor on Capital Springboard recently during some networking session and he was of the opinion that the deals on Capital Springboard are almost always done on a non-notifed basis and even the security measures taken to ensure payment, pale in comparison to other platforms like CM or even FS. He also mentioned their numbers dont quite add up and most of the facilities are actually funded by ONE large institutional investor , thus the lack of marketing or investor support for the smaller guys.

I think for the mass market, CM is definitely the best platform for diversification right now. For all the talk from FS about how investors should diversify and how they allow smaller ticket sizes to enable that, CM actually went and did something concrete to really allow us to diversify via their auto funding feature and the numerous facilities being posted almost daily. Even if a couple of deals do not perform ( Touch wood) , atleast the pinch felt will be much much less painful now.

jomni

Postby jomni » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:15 am

Big minums makes it hard to diversify. I believe diversification is crucial to this investment type (including P2P). If not, it will just be akin to gambling. The truth is, default is inevitable. Even the best looking name might default in this sector. This is why we are compensating by high yields.

Though being an accredited investor means the amounts are peanuts.

ruskyp2p

Postby ruskyp2p » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:23 am

I am new to the Singapore P2P space and started off with invoice financing. My experience to-date has been mixed. The one platform, however, that concerns me the most given poor disclosures is Capital Springboard. Their statistics are highly misleading - poor credit rating process, high delinquency and rapidly growing defaults.It may be the biggest platform but asset quality is poor. Be warned!

Return to “Invoice Crowdfunding”